Stay Up to Date
UPDATED 2022-2023 Schedule(Oct. 12)
Next Quiz Meet
Find a Team
View pictures and videos from past events.
Quizzing – The Game
Why Bible Quizzing?
Scripture includes many references about our need to hide God’s Word in our hearts. (Psalm 119: 9, 11). Even Jesus as a young boy would have memorized the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Old Testament. In his teaching, Jesus quoted Scripture over and over. And he used it when tempted by the devil. Even he had God’s Word hidden in his heart, and he WAS God. How much more do we need it?
- is eternal (Luke 21:33, 1 Peter 1:24, 25)
- can cleanse our ways (Psalm 119:9)
- when hidden in our hearts may be used to keep us from sinning (Psalm 119:11)
- gives us direction in life (Psalm 119:105)
- can refute Satan and aid in dealing with temptation (Matthew 4:1 to 11)
- can help us in witnessing and in refuting heresies (1 Peter 3:15)
- is the only offensive weapon in the Christian’s armor (Ephesians 6:11 to 18)
- is the means to show ourselves approved of God, thus we can rightly divide the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15)
God uses Scripture to work on our character, to make us more like Jesus. This looks different for everyone. For some, conviction explodes into their lives when they begin to immerse themselves with God’s Word. For others, it’s a slow process. Our responsibility is to plant seeds of truth, God’s Word, and trust Him to cause those seeds to grow into fruit for His glory. The beauty of memorizing God’s Word is that it is eternal, and it stays with you throughout your life, both now and into eternity.
So why combine Scripture memory with competition? Quizzing is simply a practical way to motivate teens to memorize Scripture. In doing that, they open themselves up to be transformed by the powerful Word of God and to encounter Jesus through that Word.
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God endures forever.